Forgot your password?
Dont have account? Register Here
Where is my order? Check Here
January 28th, 2016
Posted In: How-To
You might be wondering how to put on a wetsuit, right? It’s pretty forward but a little guidance never hurt!
A wetsuit should fit like a second skin. If the wetsuit goes on really easily and isn’t tight, it might be too big. Be sure to call or email us to discuss the sizing.
A few things to keep in mind:
– Make sure your suit is completely unzipped.
– Be careful when pulling on smooth rubber sections like the chest and back panels, or triathlon suits since these areas are prone to tears.
– Use a plastic bag to cover hands and feet if there is difficulty getting the suit over these areas.
– Generally, you should be able to zip your suit yourself. It helps to bring the Velcro neck together (as seen in image 4) and attach it before zipping the suit. This helps bring the zipper teeth closer together, reducing stress on the zipper and making it easier to zip up.
– When using a wetsuit with wetsuit gloves and boots, enter the suit first, then boots, and end with gloves. For best performance, pull the wetsuit over the boots and gloves.
– Wetsuit lubricants are available, if needed.
The graphic below will help you to have a better understanding step by step on how to put on a wetsuit!
Photo credit: blueseventy
as the newer higher end wetsuits are lightweight and prone to tearing, is there a pair of gloves we could buy to cover our nails while putting them on?
Outside of triathlon suits, wetsuits are not particularly prone to tearing. You just have to watch the smoothskin rubber exteriors that some suits have on panels. Those can be prone to fingernail tears. Otherwise, pulling on nylon laminated neoprene rarely causes an issue.
If you want to wear gloves, some disposable cotton gloves will work (you can reuse them.) Hope that helps and thanks for asking!
I just recently purchased a 4/3 Hyperflex Voodoo front zip wet suit. Do you a a video for putting it on ! I have never put on a front zip what suit before and I am struggling
Actually, if you watch the video in this blog post it shows how to put on a wetsuit with a chest zip (or, front zip) as well as a back zip!
If the wetsuit is pretty hard to put on, does that mean it is too small? It seems to fit once one, but my husband is struggling. He has lost grip in his hands and gets short of breath.
Not necessarily. A wetsuit that fits properly is often a little difficult to get on and off. Try this product: https://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/PROD/20414.html. Thank you!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *